Activity: Battleships Orienteering (6 Figure Grid References)
Children use six-figure grid referencing and orienteering skills to play a competitive team game.
- Children play in small teams. Two teams play against each other.
- They try to sink each other’s battleships by identifying their locations, using six-figure grid references from their Enrich Orienteering Maps.
- When they successfully identify the location of a battleship, they record marker number to show that they have sunk it.
- Key Stage 2
- Key Stage 3
- Competitive Team Game
- Geographical Skills and Fieldwork
- Grid Referencing
- Activity Sheet Download Required
- Orienteering Control Markers Required
- Orienteering Map (With Grid Reference)