Activity: Daily Mile
Children use the Enrich School Orienteering Map and Orienteering Control Markers to design and use a course for the ‘Daily Mile’.
- Children work in a small grouop to plan a circuit which starts/finishes at one of the markers and incorporates several other markers.
- The size of their circuit should add up to 1 mile when completed a set number of times.
- They must measure the size of potential circuits by measuring the distance in cm between individual markers on their Enrich School Orienteering map and then converting this to metres, using the scale on their map.
- Key Stage 1
- Key Stage 2
- Key Stage 3
- Geographical Skills and Fieldwork
- Seasonal Activities
- Orienteering Map (With Grid Reference)
- Orienteering Map Required
Daily Mile Activity Plan